Merc9 – Mercury 429 – began as a NASCAR-prepared chassis carrying Ford Torino sheet metal in 1969. At that time and into the seventies the car was owned by John Nissen and driven by J.C. Danielson in the Grand National West series of NASCAR. For preferred aerodynamics the bodywork was changed to Mercury when the 70/71 Mercury Montego/Cyclone body became available — the same body style that gained record braking success in the Grand National series for the Wood Brothers with Donnie Allison, A.J. Foyt and David Pearson driving. Since the late nineties the car has evolved to be competitive with late model equipment and may be one of the fastest two-ton road racers on the planet.
With big block power from the legendary Jon Kaase Racing Engines – power for 12 Pro-stock World Championships, the Merc9 Mercury uniquely offers sponsors branding image that crosses all major segments of on-track motor sports: road, stock car and drag racing.
One of Kind
- No kit car or hand-me-down, the Merc9 race car is an evolution from the golden era of stock car racing with displacement and power significantly exceeding modern NASCAR equipment
- Resurrected with the help of John Nissen
- Road racing update designed and built by owner and crew
- One of the only big block road racers in the nation
- Consistent row one or two qualifying and podium finishes at Infineon Raceway, Laguna Seca and Thunderhill
- Constructed with exceptional workmanship by the craftsman of Hall Fabrication & Racing
We typically run several events per year on the West Coast. Send us an email through our contact page and we’ll provide an update of our next track event. Support through donations and sponsorships will help us achieve goals of running more races in more regions. See the Participation page for more information.
Sponsors and Community Partners
Deluxe Storage for racing equipment and other motor treasures
Full Service Fun & Fitness
|The Best Brew for you
|ABC Impress Graphics & Imaging
Race Technology and Equipment Partners
Hall Fabrication & Racing, Inc.
Jon Kaase Racing Engines
Naake Suspension Specialists
|ERC Racing Fuels
|Jongbloed Racing Wheels